Environmental Health and Safety Consulting
The BP Alliance plan is to continuously implement Phase I and Phase II ESAs throughout the five boroughs and Long Island. We are extremely familiar with the region's unique geological characteristics, as well as historic land uses, and the types of contamination that are commonly found throughout the area. We are thoroughly informed of today's environmental issues that face the NY metro area.
General Health and Safety
- Environmental Site Assessments
Lead-based Paint Services
- Inspections (XRF or Paint Chip Analysis)
- Assessment of historic land usage, and topographic data
- Risk Assessments
- Abatement Activities
- Remediation Cleaning for Clearance Inspection
- Environmental Reviews
- Dust-Wipe Collection & Analysis
- Soil Sampling
"NYC's Toxic Community Gardens May Give You Cancer" NY Post 5/4/2014 article
Mold Remediation & Evaluation
-Molds are types of fungi that are found in every environment. Mildew is another word for mold. Everyone breathes in small amounts of mold daily. Mold grows indoors when mold spores come in contact with wet areas. Therefore, mold grows in damp, moist areas of buildings. Mold is found in places with water damage, high-humidity and dampness. Some common types of mold are Cladosporium, Pencillium, Aspergillus, Mucor, and Alternaria.
What are "Toxic Molds" or "Black Toxic Molds"?
"Toxic molds" are mold spores that produce compounds called mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are produced as a defense against other microorganisms. "Black toxic mold" can refer to a certain type of mold - Stachybotrys chartarum ( also known as Stachybotrys atra). This type of mold usually grows on very wet materials, and grows as a result of long-term water problems (high humidity, water leaks, water damage, or flooding). Constant moisture is needed for this mold to grow. Black is a color, not a type of mold. Therefore, not all black molds are Stachybotrys chartarum. There is no clinical test to determine if you have been exposed to this type of mold.
Mold can produce allergens, irritants and in some cases toxins. Breathing or touching mold spores may cause an allergic response in some people and worsen breathing problems such as asthma. Common reactions to mold are coughing, congestion, running nose, burning eyes, headaches, sneezing, and sore throat. Children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems may be more sensitive to mold. If you have any health concerns, talk to your doctor.
Violation Assessment and Expediting
Equipped with a powerful network of alliances in the field and in-depth knowledge of compliance requirements, BP Alliance achieves unmatched results for our clients that must minimize the health, legal and financial consequences of pending hazardous HPD and DOH Code Enforcement Violations.
BP Alliance is a major industry player in the removal of violations issued by NYC HPD, and NYC DOHMH. We provide our clients with skillful execution of proven
administrative techniques to ensure the timely removal of outstanding violations. Missing your 'cure date' or hearing date can result in default status with the imposition of additional penalties. Our extensive experience in this field has contributed to BP Alliance's ongoing success in correcting, eliminating, and minimizing our clients' financial and administrative burdens relating to violation matters.
Administrative Services Property Research and HPD Violation Management
There is nothing more maddening than wanting to sell or buy a home, but your closing is held up by building violations. We can help by conducting a thorough examination your desired or existing property. If we find violations, part of our services as expediters is to represent you at Housing Court on your HPD violations. We have over 15 years experience handling HPD court cases.
Construction and environmental hazard control activities in New York can lead you to waste money by making the mistake of hiring an unregistered contractor to perform correction work that must be completed by a certified contractor to be dismissed by HPD, or abatement work by NYC DOHMH. We have the certification that you need.
Call us at 347-821-8386
OMG, My Kids Don't Bring My Grandkids Around Anymore. I've Got Lead Dust & Paint Chips Upstairs, Mold In My Bathroom, And Crumbly Asbestos in My Basement!!!!!!!
NOTES FROM VALUED CUSTOMERS
1. "Mr. Booker was very thorough and knowledgeable. I was extremely comfortable and confident that I was receiving accurate information. will recommend BP Alliance to friends and family."
Carol Grant - Esther Day Care Center, Brooklyn, NY 11236
2. "BP ALLIANCE did an excellent job of working in my house. Everything was good. Agreements were fulfilled; my needs were met before, during, and after the job; the project was finished on time and when Mr. Booker left my house was clean; the workers and subs were courteous; I received the value that I expected; the quality of work was what I expected; BP Alliance can use my name as a reference and I will consider him for future projects.
Mahbub B., Jamaica, NY 11432
3. "Explained everything and was very courteous. I now have my new twins in the house, Mr. Booker helped me to identify health risk areas that must be maintained."
Ivor G., Jamaica, NY 11433
4. "Very thorough an explained issues well. I used Mr. Booker to evaluate three (3) of our multi-family properties. He did a great job at each location. I would recommend him to family and friends."
Basheer & Indira A., Ridgewood, NY 11385
5. "BP ALLIANCE is knowledgeable professional and did an excellent job removing open lead-based paint violations listed on NYC public record for a multi-unit residential property that is under my corporate ownership."
Inderjit S., Brooklyn, NY 11237
6. "Very comprehensive home evaluation. Explained the toxic hazards to me and my wife very well. I will recommend BP ALLIANCE to others with confidence."
Geishon S., Brooklyn, NY 11213